The latest projects, news and events at Bowen Collins & Associates.
Bowen Collins & Associates is seeking a qualified candidate for a Staff Hydrogeologist for our Salt Lake City, Utah office. The primary focus of this position is to support BC&A’s Mid- and Senior-Level Hydrogeologists and Engineers. This position will require a dynamic individual who is flexible, learns quickly, can work independently, but also an individual who enjoys learning from others and who is comfortable asking questions and interacting with clients. Travel will be required within Utah and surrounding western states (ID, NV, WY, CO) and some projects may require working at remote sites or locations for periods up to several weeks at a time.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Preparing plans and specifications related to hydrogeologic investigations and designs.
• Analyzing complex data, and evaluate aquifer test data); and preparing a variety of reports (work plans, well construction summaries, tables, maps, graphs, as-built and cross-sectional drawings).
• Performing field inspections and overseeing construction projects.
• Conducting well performance and aquifer testing.
• Collecting water samples, oversee well rehabilitation and troubleshooting.
• Geologic logging and hydrogeological testing on drilling operations.
• Assist in preparation of proposals and preparing/providing presentations.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Hydrogeology, Groundwater Engineering, or similar technical discipline required. Master’s Degree preferred.
• 0-7 years of experience in groundwater and environmental projects.
• Ability to prepare technical reports pertaining to field investigations, studies and designs.
• Strong knowledge of hydrogeological processes and principles.
• Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical capabilities.
• Ability to follow directions, and work independently or in a team setting.
• Strong communication skills, problem solving and organizational skills.
• Working knowledge of common groundwater modeling software such as, GMS, Visual, MODFLOW, MT3D, GW Vistas, EVS, and supporting software.
• Experience with groundwater data management, analyses, and presentation using various tools including GIS, Microsoft Excel, Aqtesolv, and other statistical/environmental software.
• MSHA, OSHA and 40-hr. HAZWOPER and professional registration/license preferred but not required.
• A valid driver’s license in good standing.
• Must be comfortable working around drill and pump rigs with extended work schedules.
• Willingness to obtain professional registration (P.G. or P.E.).
Interested and qualified candidates should email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.