Power Distribution Engineer (5+)
BC&A is seeking a 5+ level electrical engineer to provide project management, planning, design, and cost estimating for a range of electrical engineering related projects.
JOB TYPE: Full Time
EDUCATION: Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
- 5+ years of experience
- AutoCAD software experience is desirable
- Microsoft Office products experience is required
- Designing electrical control system knowledge for automated equipment
- Understanding of relevant electrical requirements and machine safety standards
- Strong technically hands-on oriented engineer with clearly demonstrated experience and a track record of deploying modern power systems.
- Understanding of industry trends, direction and standards that guide new technology offerings, and uses technology and market intelligence to provide strategic recommendations on initiatives to achieve business objectives.
- Good mechanical aptitude and knowledge.
- Critical thinking with exceptional problem-solving skills, able to work independently and in team environments.
- Proactive, resourceful & highly motivated with good communication skills and ability to work in high output environment.
- Project assignments may include planning, designing, materials procurement, project management and project accounting (budgeting, estimating, forecasting). Assist with engineering studies and investigations and in preparation of oral and written reports.
- Electrical, software design for automation and safety systems. Maintain project scope/schedule and identify scope creep.
- Create documentation such as training documents, program backup, network diagrams, electrical drawings, etc.
- Design and manage major projects such as new equipment installation, upgrades, etc.
- Analyze project requirements, identify, and address design parameters, review engineering challenges and ensure solutions are timely and within budget.
- Work closely with other engineering disciplines, vendors, local utility company, consultants, corporate personnel, and manage external contractors on installations and maintenance.
- Familiarity with electrical safety standards such as NFPA 70E; this includes arc flash studies, providing technical guidance on electrical safe work practices, and training personnel on electrical safety. Creating design specifications and complete all needed documentation. Ensure all relevant safety objectives and legal requirements are observed.
- Design and troubleshoot electrical distribution systems, including experience with electrical distribution equipment such as switchgear, distribution transformers, protective relays, motor control centers, motors, adjustable speed drives, and industrial lighting.
- Familiarity with PLC programming and energy monitoring software.
- Develop and administer site electrical practices, procedures, and preventative maintenance and reliability programs.
CAREER GROWTH OPPORTUNITIES
- Experience working with a highly regarded engineering firm in Utah/Idaho
- On-the-job training with professionals with years of experience
- Valuable job site and field observation opportunities
- Chances to learn and work on a wide variety of projects
- Opportunity to work in power supply, controls, & instrumentation within the water/wastewater industry
- Potential for leadership growth within the company
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits
METHOD TO APPLY:
Resume with cover letter to: Email email@example.com