The latest projects, news and events at Bowen Collins & Associates.
PSMJ Resources, Inc., the premier management consulting firm for the architecture and engineering (A/E) industry, has recently announced that Bowen, Collins & Associates has been included in their 2018 Circle of Excellence. This is BC&A’s second consecutive year being included on this exclusive list.
PSMJ’s Circle of Excellence is designed to highlight firms that are successfully managed and demonstrate outstanding achievements in areas such as productivity, overhead management, cash flow, business development, staff growth, and turnover. The Circle of Excellence represents the top 20% of participants in PSMJ’s annual A/E Financial Performance Benchmark Survey.
“The Circle of Excellence is consistently made up of a diverse set of firms that come from all corners of the A/E space. This is hard proof that success isn’t defined by a specific firm size, location, or market niche,” says Frank A. Stasiowski, FAIA, Founder and CEO of PSMJ Resources. “The top-performing firms just think and act differently than the rest of the pack to achieve extraordinary business performance.”
BC&A is honored to once again be included among such highly-regarded and successful engineering and architectural firms. This recognition reflects the dedication of our staff and the excellent relationships we have built with our clients over the past 21 years.
Bowen Collins & Associates employs a multi-disciplined team of talented, fun and dedicated employees.
Bowen Collins & Associates, Inc. provides a competitive employee benefits package:
Medical and Dental Benefits
Flexible Benefit Plan
401k Retirement Plan
Paid Time Off
Bowen, Collins & Associates, Inc. is seeking an Electrical Engineer (E.I.T) with a minimum of 2 years of experience to join our Boise office.
Responsibilities & Duties: The successful candidate will work under the direction of a Project Manager and other staff & will be expected to:
• Perform routine design assignments while under the direction of a licensed engineer using both verbal and written instructions.
• Develop and utilize drafting/CADD skills to produce electrical design drawings and details to portray needed design features for a variety of projects.
• Work closely with design originators, project managers and others to establish schedules and expectations for deliverables.
• Design electrical components or systems; design electrical systems for heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems. We trust that your knowledge, work skills, work ethic and experience will be a valuable addition to our company.
• Conduct site reconnaissance and perform other routine data collection activities.
• Utilize spreadsheets, analytical and statistical methods and various computer software programs related to your discipline.
• Organize and present data in tabular graphical formats suitable for reports and client presentations. Document project-related activities in a manner that allows clear reconstruction of methodologies used and/or changed conditions.
• Write clear and concise technical reports and technical memoranda to present project data.
• Perform all work in accordance with standard company and client Health & Safety protocols, and ensure that all work is reviewed before it is delivered.
• Experience with designing electrical controls and PLC and SCADA programming is preferred.
Salary Range: D.O.E.
Qualifications and Skills:
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
Medical, dental and vision coverage, plus retirement savings plans
Interested and qualified candidates should email resumes to email@example.com.
Bowen Collins & Associates is looking for a Staff Engineer to design and detail a variety of structures in a multi-discipline civil engineering environment.
Responsibilities and Duties
The majority of these projects will be associated with water and wastewater infrastructure and require the application of general engineering principles to highly indeterminate structures. Projects also include some bridge applications for standard AASHTO vehicles and special equipment. Common materials consist of steel, concrete, masonry, and timber. Most assignments will require a working knowledge of IBC, ACI, ASCE 7, AWWA, and AASHTO design codes as applicable to potable water and wastewater treatment and storage, storm water facilities, large equipment foundations, industrial and maintenance buildings, and office facilities. Familiarity with design in high-seismic conditions is essential. Should be familiar with software currently being used in this effort, which includes Excel, Staad Pro, RAM, Enercalc, AutoCAD, and LEAP applications. Position requires excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to explain and coordinate structural requirements with non-structural members of a project team, including drafting personnel and working under general supervision.
Qualifications and Skills
Requires a 4-year degree in Civil or Structural engineering, minimum of 5 years of progressive experience. It is also desired that the candidate will pursue an SE license (16 hr NCEES Exam) in Utah.
Medical, dental and vision coverage, plus retirement savings plans.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $70,000.00 to $80,000.00 /year
Consultants at BC&A and officials with Sandy City recently broke ground on a new Dry Creek Improvement Project that aims to eliminate flood risks for areas around Dry Creek. Along with mitigating and potentially eliminating the risk for catastrophic flooding, the project will add roughly eight miles of recreational trails along the channel.
Read more about the project here: http://fox13now.com/2018/04/20/dry-creek-project-in-sandy-will-mitigate-flood-risk-expand-trail-system/
BC&A president and founding partner Craig Bagley was recently presented with the American Water Resources Association (AWRA) Outstanding Service in the Private Sector award. This award acknowledges individuals who provide excellent water management and resources services. Congratulations, Craig!
BC&A is happy to announce the hiring of Mr. Cody Nelson, and the addition of corrosion engineering services to our firm. We are excited to be able to provide a new alternative for our client’s future corrosion, condition assessment, and coating engineering needs.
Cody brings to BC&A over seven years of experience in cathodic protection and protective coating systems of steel and concrete structures for corrosion mitigation. Cody will offer our valued clients in the water and wastewater industry extensive experience with corrosion engineering, cathodic protection, evaluation of aging infrastructures, and coating design. With Cody on our team, BC&A will now be able to provide these unique and specialized services for our clients on a variety of projects.