The latest projects, news and events at Bowen Collins & Associates.
Bowen Collins & Associates is seeking a qualified candidate for a Staff Hydrogeologist for our Salt Lake City, Utah office. The primary focus of this position is to support BC&A’s Mid- and Senior-Level Hydrogeologists and Engineers. This position will require a dynamic individual who is flexible, learns quickly, can work independently, but also an individual who enjoys learning from others and who is comfortable asking questions and interacting with clients. Travel will be required within Utah and surrounding western states (ID, NV, WY, CO) and some projects may require working at remote sites or locations for periods up to several weeks at a time.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Preparing plans and specifications related to hydrogeologic investigations and designs.
• Analyzing complex data, and evaluate aquifer test data); and preparing a variety of reports (work plans, well construction summaries, tables, maps, graphs, as-built and cross-sectional drawings).
• Performing field inspections and overseeing construction projects.
• Conducting well performance and aquifer testing.
• Collecting water samples, oversee well rehabilitation and troubleshooting.
• Geologic logging and hydrogeological testing on drilling operations.
• Assist in preparation of proposals and preparing/providing presentations.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Hydrogeology, Groundwater Engineering, or similar technical discipline required. Master’s Degree preferred.
• 0-7 years of experience in groundwater and environmental projects.
• Ability to prepare technical reports pertaining to field investigations, studies and designs.
• Strong knowledge of hydrogeological processes and principles.
• Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical capabilities.
• Ability to follow directions, and work independently or in a team setting.
• Strong communication skills, problem solving and organizational skills.
• Working knowledge of common groundwater modeling software such as, GMS, Visual, MODFLOW, MT3D, GW Vistas, EVS, and supporting software.
• Experience with groundwater data management, analyses, and presentation using various tools including GIS, Microsoft Excel, Aqtesolv, and other statistical/environmental software.
• MSHA, OSHA and 40-hr. HAZWOPER and professional registration/license preferred but not required.
• A valid driver’s license in good standing.
• Must be comfortable working around drill and pump rigs with extended work schedules.
• Willingness to obtain professional registration (P.G. or P.E.).
Interested and qualified candidates should email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bowen, Collins & Associates, Inc. is seeking an Electrical Engineer (E.I.T) with a minimum of 2 years of experience to join our Boise office.
Responsibilities & Duties: The successful candidate will work under the direction of a Project Manager and other staff & will be expected to:
• Perform routine design assignments while under the direction of a licensed engineer using both verbal and written instructions.
• Develop and utilize drafting/CADD skills to produce electrical design drawings and details to portray needed design features for a variety of projects.
• Work closely with design originators, project managers and others to establish schedules and expectations for deliverables.
• Design electrical components or systems; design electrical systems for heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems. We trust that your knowledge, work skills, work ethic and experience will be a valuable addition to our company.
• Conduct site reconnaissance and perform other routine data collection activities.
• Utilize spreadsheets, analytical and statistical methods and various computer software programs related to your discipline.
• Organize and present data in tabular graphical formats suitable for reports and client presentations. Document project-related activities in a manner that allows clear reconstruction of methodologies used and/or changed conditions.
• Write clear and concise technical reports and technical memoranda to present project data.
• Perform all work in accordance with standard company and client Health & Safety protocols, and ensure that all work is reviewed before it is delivered.
• Experience with designing electrical controls and PLC and SCADA programming is preferred.
Salary Range: D.O.E.
Qualifications and Skills:
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
Medical, dental and vision coverage, plus retirement savings plans
Interested and qualified candidates should email resumes to email@example.com.
BC&A is happy to announce the hiring of Mr. Cody Nelson, and the addition of corrosion engineering services to our firm. We are excited to be able to provide a new alternative for our client’s future corrosion, condition assessment, and coating engineering needs.
Cody brings to BC&A over seven years of experience in cathodic protection and protective coating systems of steel and concrete structures for corrosion mitigation. Cody will offer our valued clients in the water and wastewater industry extensive experience with corrosion engineering, cathodic protection, evaluation of aging infrastructures, and coating design. With Cody on our team, BC&A will now be able to provide these unique and specialized services for our clients on a variety of projects.
Bowen, Collins & Associates, Inc. is seeking a Mid-Level Wastewater/Water Engineer with a minimum of 5 years of experience in project management, planning, marketing, designing, bidding, construction, and operation of wastewater treatment facilities to join our Boise or Draper office.
The successful candidate for the Wastewater Engineer position should have the following requirements:
Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or Environmental Engineering.
Knowledge of the wastewater industry and technology trends, including all aspects of wastewater systems from studies through construction.
Understanding of hydraulics and treatment plant processes.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills and be capable of working efficiently with clients, contractors, regulatory agencies, and internal staff.
A current Idaho or Utah PE License or the ability to obtain one within 6 months.
Bowen Collins and Associates is one of the most highly-regarded and well-respected water and wastewater engineering firms in the Intermountain West. We work hard to provide our clients with top-shelf recommendations and products on every project we do. Our standard for quality defines us. Business aside, we are also incredibly proud of the culture for employees we have developed over the past twenty years. A quick look at the photos hanging on the walls of our Draper, Utah office show company funded vacations, group health and wellness challenges, interoffice March Madness, Fantasy Football, and Golf Tournament trophies, employee recognitions for excellence, and ongoing art and service projects all supported by partners and staff at BC&A. Our employee focused culture and opportunities to work on challenging and rewarding projects help make BC&A a great place to work.
Interested candidates should complete the application found here and return to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a current resume and cover letter.
PSMJ Resources, Inc., the premier management consulting firm for the architecture and engineering (A/E) industry, has recently announced that Bowen, Collins & Associates has been included in their 2017 Circle of Excellence. Seventy-three exceptional architecture and engineering firms made it onto the exclusive list this year.
PSMJ’s Circle of Excellence is designed to highlight firms that are successfully managed and demonstrate outstanding achievements in areas such as productivity, overhead management, cash flow, business development, staff growth, and turnover. The Circle of Excellence represents the top 20% of participants in PSMJ’s annual A/E Financial Performance Benchmark Survey.
“The Circle of Excellence is consistently made up of a diverse set of firms that come from all corners of the A/E space. This is hard proof that success isn’t defined by a specific firm size, location, or market niche,” says Frank A. Stasiowski, FAIA, Founder and CEO of PSMJ Resources. “The top-performing firms just think and act differently than the rest of the pack to achieve extraordinary business performance.”
BC&A is honored to be included among such highly-regarded and successful engineering and architectural firms. This recognition reflects the dedication of our staff and the excellent relationships we have built with our clients over the past 20 years.