The latest projects, news and events at Bowen Collins & Associates.
Bowen Collins & Associates (BC&A) is a Utah and Idaho multi-disciplinary engineering firm based in Draper, Utah. Our expertise is water/water resources, wastewater, natural resources and environmental services. We perform studies, master planning, design, construction management, permitting and environmental documents (NEPA).
BC&A is looking for an Intern or Entry Level Landscape Designer (with and emphasis in environmental planning) (0-3 Years’ experience) for the Draper, Utah office. The prospective hire will be working with a senior landscape architect, environmental scientists and engineers on projects related to environmental field work, environmental document preparation, design, and planning.
The applicant should have the following experience and skills:
• Proficient in AutoCAD, LandFX, Adobe Suite (Photoshop and InDesign), Microsoft Office, SketchUp and 3ds Max
• Clear understanding of the design process
• Technical knowledge and experience in production of construction documents including: site details, materials selection, grading, and water conservation planting plans
• Clear and effective verbal and written communication skills
• Problem solving and organizational skills
• Self-motivating with the ability to achieve deadlines
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Landscape Architecture from an accredited university
Additionally, applicants must be available for an in-person interview. Candidates are also invited to visit the BC&A career booth at the USU Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering’s CEE Career Night Open House on Tuesday, February 13th located in the TSC Ballroom between 6:30 and 8:30 PM
If you are interested in joining our team please submit your resume a cover letter and work samples via email as a PDF, not to exceed 10MB to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bowen, Collins & Associates, Inc. is seeking an Electrical Engineer (E.I.T) with a minimum of 2 years of experience to join our Boise office.
Responsibilities & Duties: The successful candidate will work under the direction of a Project Manager and other staff & will be expected to:
• Perform routine design assignments while under the direction of a licensed engineer using both verbal and written instructions.
• Develop and utilize drafting/CADD skills to produce electrical design drawings and details to portray needed design features for a variety of projects.
• Work closely with design originators, project managers and others to establish schedules and expectations for deliverables.
• Design electrical components or systems; design electrical systems for heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems. We trust that your knowledge, work skills, work ethic and experience will be a valuable addition to our company.
• Conduct site reconnaissance and perform other routine data collection activities.
• Utilize spreadsheets, analytical and statistical methods and various computer software programs related to your discipline.
• Organize and present data in tabular graphical formats suitable for reports and client presentations. Document project-related activities in a manner that allows clear reconstruction of methodologies used and/or changed conditions.
• Write clear and concise technical reports and technical memoranda to present project data.
• Perform all work in accordance with standard company and client Health & Safety protocols, and ensure that all work is reviewed before it is delivered.
• Experience with designing electrical controls and PLC and SCADA programming is preferred.
Salary Range: D.O.E.
Qualifications and Skills:
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
Medical, dental and vision coverage, plus retirement savings plans
Interested and qualified candidates should email resumes to email@example.com.
BC&A is happy to announce the hiring of Mr. Cody Nelson, and the addition of corrosion engineering services to our firm. We are excited to be able to provide a new alternative for our client’s future corrosion, condition assessment, and coating engineering needs.
Cody brings to BC&A over seven years of experience in cathodic protection and protective coating systems of steel and concrete structures for corrosion mitigation. Cody will offer our valued clients in the water and wastewater industry extensive experience with corrosion engineering, cathodic protection, evaluation of aging infrastructures, and coating design. With Cody on our team, BC&A will now be able to provide these unique and specialized services for our clients on a variety of projects.
Bowen, Collins & Associates, Inc. is seeking a Mid-Level Wastewater/Water Engineer with a minimum of 5 years of experience in project management, planning, marketing, designing, bidding, construction, and operation of wastewater treatment facilities to join our Boise or Draper office.
The successful candidate for the Wastewater Engineer position should have the following requirements:
Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or Environmental Engineering.
Knowledge of the wastewater industry and technology trends, including all aspects of wastewater systems from studies through construction.
Understanding of hydraulics and treatment plant processes.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills and be capable of working efficiently with clients, contractors, regulatory agencies, and internal staff.
A current Idaho or Utah PE License or the ability to obtain one within 6 months.
Bowen Collins and Associates is one of the most highly-regarded and well-respected water and wastewater engineering firms in the Intermountain West. We work hard to provide our clients with top-shelf recommendations and products on every project we do. Our standard for quality defines us. Business aside, we are also incredibly proud of the culture for employees we have developed over the past twenty years. A quick look at the photos hanging on the walls of our Draper, Utah office show company funded vacations, group health and wellness challenges, interoffice March Madness, Fantasy Football, and Golf Tournament trophies, employee recognitions for excellence, and ongoing art and service projects all supported by partners and staff at BC&A. Our employee focused culture and opportunities to work on challenging and rewarding projects help make BC&A a great place to work.
Interested candidates should complete the application found here and return to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a current resume and cover letter.
PSMJ Resources, Inc., the premier management consulting firm for the architecture and engineering (A/E) industry, has recently announced that Bowen, Collins & Associates has been included in their 2017 Circle of Excellence. Seventy-three exceptional architecture and engineering firms made it onto the exclusive list this year.
PSMJ’s Circle of Excellence is designed to highlight firms that are successfully managed and demonstrate outstanding achievements in areas such as productivity, overhead management, cash flow, business development, staff growth, and turnover. The Circle of Excellence represents the top 20% of participants in PSMJ’s annual A/E Financial Performance Benchmark Survey.
“The Circle of Excellence is consistently made up of a diverse set of firms that come from all corners of the A/E space. This is hard proof that success isn’t defined by a specific firm size, location, or market niche,” says Frank A. Stasiowski, FAIA, Founder and CEO of PSMJ Resources. “The top-performing firms just think and act differently than the rest of the pack to achieve extraordinary business performance.”
BC&A is honored to be included among such highly-regarded and successful engineering and architectural firms. This recognition reflects the dedication of our staff and the excellent relationships we have built with our clients over the past 20 years.