The latest projects, news and events at Bowen Collins & Associates.
Bowen Collins & Associates is currently looking for a full-time employee to work in our Draper office to manage all of the firm’s human resources, basic accounting support, and general office admin duties.
The work environment is upbeat and very enjoyable. This specific position will require a high degree of discretion since it will be working directly with various company personnel information. We believe the perfect person for this position will be self-motivated, know how to work hard and be very organized.
General Responsibilities Include but are not limited to:
- Coordinate and conduct new employee orientation
- Answers employee requests and questions.
- Manage employee changes/additions/terminations
- Maintains personnel files in accordance with federal and state laws assuring all information is completed and audited on a regular basis. ·
- Files and maintains employee records.
- Maintains all employee and applicant documentation as directed by governing agencies and
- Coaches, councils and guides managers before executing employee disciplinary actions.
- Ensures compliance with USCIS Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification
- Compiles and maintains appropriate statistical data/information and provide as required to the EEOC, OSHA, DOL, Affirmative Action Plan, management team, etc.
- Administers health and welfare plans.
- Reconciles benefits statements.
- Conducts audits of HR programs and recommend corrective actions.
- Manage 401k Plan reporting and Form 5500 census and filing.
- Assists with recruitment. (reviews applications, interviews)
- Assists with the performance review process.
- Schedules meetings and interviews as requested.
- Performs clerical functions, including making photocopies and faxing documents.
- Manages yearly open enrollment period for benefit plans.
- Manages and organizes office and company events and meetings
- The company reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business management, or a related field (preferred)
- Experience: 2 years minimum of related experience
- Experience with Deltek Vision a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Active listening
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Understanding of employer laws
- Basic accounting knowledge
- Proficiency in MS Office including Excel
- Strong work ethic with excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to successfully manage others not under his/her supervision to insure desired results are achieved.
Interested candidates should send a current resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
PSMJ Resources, Inc., the premier management consulting firm for the architecture and engineering (A/E) industry, has recently announced that Bowen, Collins & Associates has been included in their 2017 Circle of Excellence. Seventy-three exceptional architecture and engineering firms made it onto the exclusive list this year.
PSMJ’s Circle of Excellence is designed to highlight firms that are successfully managed and demonstrate outstanding achievements in areas such as productivity, overhead management, cash flow, business development, staff growth, and turnover. The Circle of Excellence represents the top 20% of participants in PSMJ’s annual A/E Financial Performance Benchmark Survey.
“The Circle of Excellence is consistently made up of a diverse set of firms that come from all corners of the A/E space. This is hard proof that success isn’t defined by a specific firm size, location, or market niche,” says Frank A. Stasiowski, FAIA, Founder and CEO of PSMJ Resources. “The top-performing firms just think and act differently than the rest of the pack to achieve extraordinary business performance.”
BC&A is honored to be included among such highly-regarded and successful engineering and architectural firms. This recognition reflects the dedication of our staff and the excellent relationships we have built with our clients over the past 20 years.
Our Draper, Utah team providing some needed beautification and cleanup at the Coyote Hollow Trailhead in Draper, UT. As a local firm largely staffed by people from Utah, we are always looking for ways to participate in efforts to make our area cleaner and even more beautiful.
Structural Design Engineer (mid -level with license – Engineer III)
Bowen Collins & Associates is looking for a Structural Engineer to design and detail a variety of structures in a multi-discipline civil engineering environment. The majority of these projects will be associated with water and wastewater infrastructure and require the application of general engineering principles to highly indeterminate structures. Projects also include some bridge applications for standard AASHTO vehicles and special equipment. Common materials consist of steel, concrete, masonry, and timber. Most assignments will require a working knowledge of IBC, ACI, ASCE 7, AWWA, and AASHTO design codes as applicable to potable water and wastewater treatment and storage, storm water facilities, large equipment foundations, industrial and maintenance buildings, and office facilities. Familiarity with design in high-seismic conditions is essential.
Must be familiar with software currently being used in this effort, which includes Excel, Staad Pro, RAM, Enercalc, AutoCAD, and LEAP applications.
Position requires excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to explain and coordinate structural requirements with non-structural members of a project team, including drafting personnel. Candidate must be able to work independently with a minimum of supervision on normal project assignments and to mentor subordinates in those same skills. Eventually, candidate is expected to transition into department management and be able to assist in structural marketing activities.
Requires a 4-year degree in Civil or Structural engineering, minimum of 7 years of progressive experience, and an SE license (16 hr NCEES Exam) in Utah or the ability to obtain such within six months of hire.
Bowen, Collins & Associates, Inc. is seeking a Mid-Level Wastewater/Water Engineer with a minimum of 5 years of experience in project management, planning, marketing, designing, bidding, construction, and operation of wastewater treatment facilities to join our Boise or Draper office.
The successful candidate for the Wastewater Engineer position should have the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or Environmental Engineering.
- Knowledge of the wastewater industry and technology trends, including all aspects of wastewater systems from studies through construction.
- Understanding of hydraulics and treatment plant processes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and be capable of working efficiently with clients, contractors, regulatory agencies, and internal staff.
- A current Idaho or Utah PE License or the ability to obtain one within 6 months.
Bowen Collins and Associates is one of the most highly-regarded and well-respected water and wastewater engineering firms in the Intermountain West. We work hard to provide our clients with top-shelf recommendations and products on every project we do. Our standard for quality defines us. Business aside, we are also incredibly proud of the culture for employees we have developed over the past twenty years. A quick look at the photos hanging on the walls of our Draper, Utah office show company funded vacations, group health and wellness challenges, interoffice March Madness, Fantasy Football, and Golf Tournament trophies, employee recognitions for excellence, and ongoing art and service projects all supported by partners and staff at BC&A. Our employee focused culture and opportunities to work on challenging and rewarding projects help make BC&A a great place to work.
Interested candidates should complete the application found here and return to email@example.com along with a current resume and cover letter.
The 2017 Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure was a success for Laurie DeKorver and the Grand Tetons! They raised over $5,000 and recruited 46 teammates to walk/run in the 5K last Saturday. Here is what Laurie had to say about the event: “The walk was awesome! Our team was an amazing group of people comprise d of family, friends, neighbors, Mom’s Club, and co-workers. There were many people there in spirit with us as well and I am so incredibly lucky to have such an amazing, supportive group of people in my life. So many people sending good thoughts, prayers, donating, walking, hugs, text messages – Thank you and love to you all!”
Big, big thanks to all those who donated time, money, and thoughtful words. We are proud of you, Laurie!!!