Bowen Collins & Associates employs a multi-disciplined team of talented, fun and dedicated employees.
Bowen Collins & Associates, Inc. provides a competitive employee benefits package:
- Medical and Dental Benefits
- Flexible Benefit Plan
- Life Insurance
- 401 (k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
Bowen Collins & Associates is looking for a Structural Engineer to design and detail a variety of structures in a multi-discipline civil engineering environment.
Responsibilities and Duties
The majority of these projects will be associated with water and wastewater infrastructure and require the application of general engineering principles to highly indeterminate structures. Projects also include some bridge applications for standard AASHTO vehicles and special equipment. Common materials consist of steel, concrete, masonry, and timber. Most assignments will require a working knowledge of IBC, ACI, ASCE 7, AWWA, and AASHTO design codes as applicable to potable water and wastewater treatment and storage, storm water facilities, large equipment foundations, industrial and maintenance buildings, and office facilities. Familiarity with design in high-seismic conditions is essential. Should be familiar with software currently being used in this effort, which includes Excel, Staad Pro, RAM, Enercalc, AutoCAD, and LEAP applications. Position requires excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to explain and coordinate structural requirements with non-structural members of a project team, including drafting personnel and working under general supervision.
Qualifications and Skills
Requires a 4-year degree in Civil or Structural engineering, minimum of 5 years of progressive experience. It is also desired that the candidate will pursue an SE license (16 hr NCEES Exam) in Utah.
Medical, dental and vision coverage, plus retirement savings plans.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $70,000.00 to $80,000.00 /year
Bowen, Collins & Associates, Inc. is seeking an Electrical Engineer (E.I.T) with a minimum of 2 years of experience to join our Boise office.
Responsibilities & Duties: The successful candidate will work under the direction of a Project Manager and other staff & will be expected to:
• Perform routine design assignments while under the direction of a licensed engineer using both verbal and written instructions.
• Develop and utilize drafting/CADD skills to produce electrical design drawings and details to portray needed design features for a variety of projects.
• Work closely with design originators, project managers and others to establish schedules and expectations for deliverables.
• Design electrical components or systems; design electrical systems for heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems. We trust that your knowledge, work skills, work ethic and experience will be a valuable addition to our company.
• Conduct site reconnaissance and perform other routine data collection activities.
• Utilize spreadsheets, analytical and statistical methods and various computer software programs related to your discipline.
• Organize and present data in tabular graphical formats suitable for reports and client presentations. Document project-related activities in a manner that allows clear reconstruction of methodologies used and/or changed conditions.
• Write clear and concise technical reports and technical memoranda to present project data.
• Perform all work in accordance with standard company and client Health & Safety protocols, and ensure that all work is reviewed before it is delivered.
• Experience with designing electrical controls and PLC and SCADA programming is preferred.
Salary Range: D.O.E.
Qualifications and Skills:
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
Medical, dental and vision coverage, plus retirement savings plans
Interested and qualified candidates should email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.